Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spa day 4/2/11

Bella is shedding GOBS of hair!  Its been much cooler than usual in CT this time of the winter, and much, much colder than TN where she came from. So I have been reluctant to shed her out much.  I brush her a bit, and try not to really get a lot of hair out.  Last week, the temps dropped again, and we had 3 days of cold rain mixed with snow, and below-freezing temps at night (down to 20) all week.  Poor Bella wsa looking quite bedrageled by the end of the week!

We are now getting nice 50's and 40's, and Miss Bella was SO relieved that  everybody got brushed today (after all, its been like a whole WEEK since the last time she was brushed, lol!)

Before (she also wouldn't stand still for her photo, she knew that brush was in my hand and I had to run backwards to try to get a shot in, this was the best one).






After an hours worth of brushing



Then I decided I just couldn't deal with her mane anymore.  Its just frizzy, and dirty. And her curls are in dreadlocks and all matted looking.  And when it rains, they stay damp for days and get a gross sour smell. So I decided to just do it, I cut them off (they'll grow back, I swear!)


This is her hunter, or western pleasure look.  I'll neaten it up some more tomorrow, and attempt to wash her mane, its soooo yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment