Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 8, 2011

After the ill-fated attempt to introduce Bella to the rest of the herd, I decided to contact Pam Sourelis, who does Neuromuscular re-education, Reiki and Communication.  She contacted Bella, and here is what she had to say.

Hi Michelle.

What a lovely creature. 


As soon as we connected, she expressed her anxiety about the situation.

I spoke to her for awhile, while giving a Reiki treatment. I acknowledged that losing her person and her herd, being attacked in her new herd, and then once having to move again must have been very difficult. 

I told her that she is safe here, that she may be moving again once a forever home is found for her, but that in the meantime she is safe. I told her the horses will act like horses, but they are not aggressive.

I got the sense that she is guarding her injury (where she was kicked in her last home). We did healing in that area and with her whole body. With Reiki and prayer, I asked her to let go of her anxiety.

As we worked, I became aware that her body is very tense. I don't know if this is the result of her anxiety or the cause of her anxiety.

I especially noticed tension in her spine and neck. I can't tell you more than that without working with her. It's in the work that the issues are fully revealed and we can work through them. 

I gave her a full Reiki treatment. This may certainly be enough to relax her body and her mind, which would make her OK in the herd. But if the issue is more physical, she may not be ready. You know, if a horse can't freely move her or neck, can't easily see what's going on around her and quickly get out of the way, she's going to be tense.

So I guess you'll just need to watch her. 

Let me know what you think.

Be well,

Pam

Pam Sourelis
Reiki - Animal Communication - Neuromuscular Retraining
Assisting compassionate animal lovers who want to help their animals heal

No comments:

Post a Comment